Thursday, June 21, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to the Kamado Connection. Yup. Brand new blog. Blog about Kamado grills. BBQ. Smoking meats. Ok, now I'm hungry again...

But seriously. Thanks for stopping by. I plan to keep this blog up to date with different recipes, discovered or shared, and tips and tricks to use with any brand of Kamado style grill/smoker. I also plan to share my failures and successes with you (the stories... not the food.)

Let's start right off by giving you the low down on my situation. My brother-in-law has my family over for a wonderful meal perhaps a month ago now, cooked in his very own kamado grill, and it was delicious. I had seen these large and expensive cookers in the stores and often thought they would make a wonderful companion to a world class gas bbq. I had been the owner of a small propane bbq for a few years now, and have had no problems with the quality and convenience. The gas bbq would offer me the advantage of no propane bottles, and depending on the model of bbq, probably a rotisserie and more powerful flame to cook with.
However, after the wonderful flavor and smoky goodness that emerged from my brother-in-law's kamado, I was convince that it would be my next purchase. So I found one on sale, and bought it, and haven't looked back. Well, maybe looked back once or twice, at my propane bbq, soon to be up for sale on kijiji.
I have owned the kamado (Vision Grills Kamado Pro) for almost a month, and the ongoing question in my house has changed from: What should we have for supper tonight? to: What are we barbequing for supper tonight?
I have had success with everything from steak, to fish to pizza. Chicken, beef jerky, ribs... its all fair game in the kamado.
So here is to tasty, smoky, kamado cooked food from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment